IskandarWorld Search

Custom Search

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

My Kampung - Musim buah-buahan Part 1

Location: Kg. Labi
Date: Oct' 2009

...ada pepatah mengatakan, kalau ada buah baru ada saudara! There's a truth in the pepatah. Kalau musim buah baru tah saudara-saudara datang melawat. Saudara yang inda pernah berkunjung berkurun-kurun suddenly appear on the door step.

...musim buah ada jua keberkataan nya; menyatukan keluarga yang lama inda berjumpa dan mengeratkan silatulrahim yang telah lama terputus. Tapi sebabkan buah - keluarga boleh jadi purak purada..manakan inda, ada tia yang mengakun atu pulau buah bisdia, tapi kalau inda musim buah, batang hidung pun inda kelihatan.

...alhamduillah, our family are truly blessed. We have a few pulau (orchard) buah-buahan...hahahahah. But in the actual fact its a family plantation. True as what being said, we only appear only during the fruit season. Other than that, we disappear in our own world.

...its very condescending listening to some parents who are proud to say that their children doesnt even know some of the local fruits or even some of our youngsters cant differentiate between tarap/ nangka or tibadak...I'm really amazed! of such attitude...didnt they have the interest to learn or just pure ignorant. Parents have to responsibility to educate their children on our local fruits. Honestly, there's nothing to be proud of not knowing about our local fruits....

About 2 weeks ago decided to spent the weekend in Kg. Labi with my cousins .. Havent sleepover in the kampung for donkey years. If my memory serve me right, its in the late 70's or early 80's.. That's was during our younger years, when road are not fully asphalt and during those days...life was so simple, sleeping under the mosquitoes net or kelambu, no aircon or fans, or even TV. The night was brighten by kerosene lamp, etc...cheerish those fun memories.

Now for me...staying the weekend in the kampung is a stress relieve therapy and an opportunity to discover my root. If I can turn back time...I rather be a simple farmer that what I'm doing now.



..Police station....

Masjid Kg. Labi

Fruit stall that's belong to my uncle...


This was our first get together ...organised by me! heheheeh Its difficulty to have all my cousins to stay in one place.

my cousin menumpah ambuyat.....I really need to learn how to do it. it seems easy but its not.

Our first get together ambuyat session......we have cousins from sengkurong, tutong & K.belait attending the ambuyat party. The cacah ambuyat was totally awesome..

My cousin and his friends with my uncle...

My tangah Laman...from Mulaut. An ambuyat lover

Durian pulu...plentiful in our pulau buah..

This house was deserted since my grandfather & mother passed away. Only during musin buah baru tah ada jelama...

my cousin.... with his tekiding. A very rare footage



Durian pulu....bila masak baru tah gugur...

Buah Tampoi...

Feasting on the durian...



cPicnicking at the pulau buah....


Its nice to have the family together...eventhough only during fruits season


really forgot what this insect is called.....






u


khahahah....you are on candid camera...



mengambil mata kucing....


No comments: