IskandarWorld Search

Custom Search

Friday, October 3, 2008

Bila Syawal menjelang

Satu syawal menjelang tiba,
Takbir bergema menggegar jiwa,
Sekiranya ada salah dan dosa,
Ampun dipinta di hari mulia.

It's always in my thoughts that the 1st day of syawal is the most joyous occassion and nothing could go wrong. My gawd!I was really wrong....hiyaa! things goes wrong right from the start. Woke-up early, at 2.30pm and couldnt sleep after that...and not sure why! Dont know what to do so terrorize the neighbour with meriam buluh...hheeheh if I cant sleep so will the rest....

* found out my new baju melayu really huge...I could fit 2 people in it and the same when I tried out my 2 other new baju melayu...its the same. Really dissappointed :). Akhir udah kan sembahyang raya...so the last resort to used the baju melayu yang lama...

* arrived late at Masjid pandan for the sembahyang Hari Raya unfortunately sembahyang raya sudah start and couldnt even find a place to sembahyang..really panuh berabis. So me and the rest of late comers ended up standing till the end of the sembahyang...so inda sembahyang ler!

Menziarah Kubur


Its a ritual every year for us to visits my late dad grave...kind of tradition after my dad (Hj. Alias bin Laman) passed away in 2002.

Kubur orang Islam, Jalan Maulana Kuala Belait

ayeng asah-asahan...cost B$1.00 per botol..a very lucrative business. May be I should start one using different spices..and with improve packaging...


Kubur of my beloved dad...Allahyarham Hj. Alias bin Laman..Kata-kata hikmat from my dad, that I treasured for the rest of my life "Inda ada harta yang dapat bapa tinggalkan kecuali pelajaran (giving us good education and forcing us to study) & pengajaran (nasihat & tunjuk ajar)"

my mom & my siblings....and nephews...

bros from Regal Blue...takut ku udah..pikir they are stalking me..hehehehe. some are really shock...seeing camera man a the kubur and who wouldnt..heheheheeh

really impressed with you bro..working during Hari Raya...


Raya ke Kg. Labi

Our next stop is to Kg. Ratan, Labi visiting my mom's siblings. Every year we never missed going back to my so called kampung...usually only go they during the fruits season..hahahahah..atu pun waiting at the bottom of the fruit tree waiting for the fruits to fall on my lap. My mom born and bred Labian - but my grandparents orginated from Katimahar/Batu 13 and migrated to Labi in the 40's (I think). Dont really know much bout the mom's side of the family...

My uncle...my mom's brother Hj. Alihassan bin Sudin

Kubur orang Islam Kg. Labi


tombstone...of my late grandparents...

my bro & my nephews..

cousin's crib


Raya ke Kg. Sinaut, Tutong

2nd stop over...Kg. Sinaut, Tutong. My dad's home town. Nowadays, only my auntie occupied the old house. I think most of the families move away....my dad comes from a very huge family and the family tree is very complex. To my knowledge, the families spread from Sengkurong to Tutong. I know only about 5% of the saudara mara. I really need to get out more and get to know my other side of my families...hahahahahah

My aunt's crib at Sinaut, Tutong...

My aunties.....

Raya ke Kg. Masin

Another stop at my brother's in-laws, Pg Hj Duraman Pg. Tujoh

By now...my stomach is full! hiya...Now I am really gaining weights managed to shed 6kg durang puasa but now gain 5kg hahahahah...

Raya ke Kg. Mulaut, Sengkurong

My aunt's crib...life's not the same since pass away....


Raya ke Kg Sg. Bakong, Lumut

My gawd! the last stop-over and no more foods for me. Tomorrow, a must for heavy duty training...hahahahah


My aunt & my mom...two heavy weight in the catering business.....

my cousins...

My cousin & her daughter

My cousin's daughers

Cousins...a food to die for..hehehehehe

Cousins...

Di Malam Syawal

There're lots of promo on TV in reducing energy consumption esp. electricity...one way of reducing it is by the use of Pelita..cheap but effective (to an extend ler!). Remember not to burnt your house....

Wish could get rid of the lampu cucul...and use Pelita instead


1 comment:

Suzila A said...

SELAMAT HARI RAYA, MAAF ZAHIR & BATIN :)