IskandarWorld Search

Custom Search

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Environmentalist - No more plastic bags

Say No to Plastic Bag

One of my many wishes is to be an environmental enthusiast (sound interesting....hmmm...) ...it is not by choice but because of necessity...last weekend I'm trying my so called initiative - "Say No to plastic Bag".

Do you know that plastic bags are popular with consumers and retailers as they are a functional, lightweight, strong, cheap, and hygienic way to transport food and other products. But most of these go to landfill (rubbish tips) after they are used, and some are recycled. It takes these plastic bags made from high density polyethylene (HDPE) about one thousand years to decompose.

Do you realise the implication of this? That means they'll keep accummulating over the years in landfills to mountains of plastics that will be here to stay for centuries ... There is no way of purging them from our environment. (excerpt from http://brugreenrepublic.blogspot.com)



Trying out Say No to Plastic Bag

Tamu kuala Belait...I'm not one of those person who wakes up early and start shopping for foods..but last sunday was an exception. Honestly, havent been grocery shopping at the tamu for ages and this is a very good opportunity to try out No to Plastic Bag...

Vendors jual ikan...

surprise-surprise...spotted Ben with his kerita sorong filled with goodies. hmmm....plastic bags!


an ingenious invention...

one of the problem with the 'no plastic bag' is trying to say no to simpan the kulat in a plastic bag. Dont think I can just dump the kulat in my carrying bag...hahahah I think I need another reusable bag to keep the wet foods...


my reusable bag shopping bag....its a girlie bag bought it while I was in Seoul. Given it to my mom but now its mine...heheheh

the goodies....


hahaahha....I was being ridicule and laugh at but honestly, I dont really look good with that huge bag...and not forgetting the camera....but dont really care!...dont think will go to tamu lagi...:). Alhamduillah, since adopting the no plastic bags - i havent brought home any single plastic bag...horraaaay to me...let see if I can sustain the initiative...

So as of tomorrow the OGDCian will be making a pledge...not to use plastic bags for their groceries shopping..another effort in making this world a better place...Insyallah! will official launch the 'Say No to Plastic Bag' by next month....

No comments: