IskandarWorld Search

Custom Search

Saturday, February 14, 2009

The Good Old Days - Climbing Mt. Kinabalu @2002

As I was busy clearing my hard drive...I cant help noticing the big bold words "Climbing Mount Kinabalu" , I totally forgotten the good all days we had as members of Networking With Purpose (NWP) - grouping for BSP's graduates.


Looking at the photos, it does bring back memories..If I am not mistaken they are 13 of us trying to braved the treacherous Mt. Kinabalu. Preparation for the climb was hard and tiring but worth it, every weekend for 6 or 7 weeks, hiking Bk. Shahbandar doin' 12 hills (starting with 7 hills and returned using 5 hills route) and weekdays jogging or swimming. My gawd! we were really pushing ourselves to the limit. Its kinda' fun but dont think I will do it again...hahahahah.

If I am not mistaken climbing Mt. Kinabalu was our last activity before my abrupt transfer to OGDC. I really cheerish those wonderful moments.....

Group photograph before our depart to KK. Lee Ann (hmmm...i think thats her name) joined the climb. I wonder what happens to her now....after all these years. (the only org putih)

The photo was taken at one of the road side stalls selling local handicrafts. The guy with the peace sign was our tour guide..lupa ku siapa nama nya. Really a hilarious chap....

Typical...bruneian esp. the ladies they can never get away from shopping. One of the fond memory we had were...we nearly missed our plane as 'some' of us are so buzy shopping and lupa kan balik....

Tiga bujang...now they are married....

The ladies....

The long..long..long...way up..

It was really amazing watching the 'lady' carrying our stuffs without even stopping for a break. Wati (at the background)...puffing for air heheheheeheheh....

At Laban Rata - we were having tea



amazingly...all of us bought the 'sticks'..heeheheheh....


Oh! Yeah...not all of us climb the Mt. Kinabalu...If I am not mistaken 2 left behind (nda tekabir kan naik)..heheehhe I'll mentioned their names in the next post...ehehheheheehh

Will upload more photos...later...

1 comment:

singamaraja said...

Singamaraja reading your blog