IskandarWorld Search

Custom Search

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A little help mean a lot

This would be the hardest story that I have to write... I skipped the writing bit and left it to Liza Mohd to publish her story....

This afternoon...we decided to visit the home of 2 brothers & their little sister. The eldest 16 years old while his brother and sister is 10 and 9 years old respectively..both are studying in primary 4..these kids are abandoned by their parent and left to take care of themselves....

The kitchen....

The media interviewed the brother.....the parent abandoned them couple of months ago and the brother have to work part-time (juggling between study) just to put foods on the table. He is also the father & mother to his little brother and sister.

The appalling condition of the kitchen....meals are scarce and they have to eat whatever they can find...

The bedroom...
they only have candles to lit up the dark night.....really amazed at the determination of the siblings to continue studying knowing that life is not the same without their father & mother and not knowing what will their future hold....

the sibling....a little help really mean a lot to them....

my greatest wish is for these kids to be given food & shelter...their determination to survive and endure the hardship...should be a lesson to the rest of other kids. I dont think they have time to lepak2 with friends and play CS nor have the money to buy clothes for hari raya...


30 comments:

kangta164 said...

It's these unfortunate families / people that the government should provide the housing schemes for!!

Anonymous said...

How can we help?

Maria6889 said...

What a pity. Hope miracle will come to them soon. Aminn...

Orange & Lilac said...

Can you tell me the exact location of the house?. I would really appreciate it as i have good things to give away. Selamat Menjalani Ibadah Puasa

DC said...

Please email me their address.

mallyabs@hotmail.com said...

please do email me their home address, would love to help.

Shah said...

Hi, how do i help? Please let me know...

Shah

Lee said...

Hi, it would be great if you can tell me how to locate them.

Ezah said...

yea how can we help? email me their address pls..

Khairunnisa Ash'ari said...

Hi,I'm a civil servant.Pls email their address to me at

shireen.mustapha@pmo.gov.bn

thanks

lawmathew said...

I also would like to know what their address is. Salutation for the Brother who is holding strong and the bread winner for the siblings.

please email me the address:

lawmathew@hotmail.com

anna madzin said...

can we have their address? thank you...

the bald said...

Iskandar, can you give me the address to help these siblings? Thank you. pause2pose@gmail.com

Pink Cupcake said...

this story should be read by all our youths, especially those who think that having the latest mobile phones/gadgets/laptops/games console is a matter of life and death.

these three children have nothing! yet they are strong enough to try and cope with whatever life throws at them.

abandoned babies is one thing, but this is altogether something else. how could any parent just leave like that?

anyway, well done, iskandar and liza for highlighting the plight of these three unfortunate souls.

please tell us how we can help them. thank you.

Vixennova said...

Can you please email me their home address? Email to zeti.pinkgeek@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Would love to help, please email me their address at d_orient@hotmail.com

livingwithziqfiq said...

Please let me know where i send my donations to. M in BSB so probably you could set up a place in BSB for BSB residents to send their donations.

Please email the address to nrsyakirah@gmail.com

Tq.

to B o not to B said...

reli sad to know that here in brunei also have this kind of situation.......

Unknown said...

I would like to donate. Appreciate if you could please email me their address & how can i reach them? Please email me the details at ct.hjmahmod@gmail.com Thanks!

Skizo said...

Hai I'M Skizo..Would love to help, please email me their address at ruddytm_4086@hotmail.com

Waly said...

Wow..ur gratness, u sure have great response from ur readers..i too had just heard about this news..and our school is planning donations for them..its nice to see so many cared =D

Anonymous said...

Let the govt know too. These children really need help. Seriously.

B-Close said...

I cried reading this. Hw can the parents be so irresponsible. May i knw how and where to contact them. I would love to reach out to them. Thanks so much for letting the public knows.

ementari said...

Those wanting to make contributions to these children personally can head to :

Venue: Anthony Abell College, Seria
Date: Tuesday, 16 September
Time: 1.30pm

Unknown said...

Please send me their address..

- Th1rT3eN - said...

What is the address, please!?!
We are living in a society. As a Brunei Society, we should all come together and help in our best means.
Today's YOUTH! Tomorrow FUTURE!
Please help our FUTURE!

Waie said...

I'd love to help these people. erm,how can we help them?

Anonymous said...

what a pity... i would like to help them..

team R said...

tell me the exact location the house please!

Jan Shim said...

Iskandar & Liza,

You have changed the lives of these destitute kids and through your dedication, commitment and the generousity of the caring public, the future of Bobby and his siblings are much brighter. No longer do they depend on rain water and candle light for basic survival.