IskandarWorld Search

Custom Search

Monday, November 3, 2008

My Bro's engagement ceremony

Alhamduillah..my bro's finally got engaged on the last day of syawal, 31 Oct'o8....another new addition to our small family. The ceremony was simple...but full of adat-istiadat...if my memory serve me right, our family menghantar 2 trays which consist of; tanda tunang (ring + cash) & buka mulut (ring + cash)


its customary to give a ring + cash...

ring with bling-bling.....aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh! nice to cut glass with....

membuka mulut..which interpret as 'opening mouth' hehehe.....I believe if you close you mouth you dont have to give anything..another way to save duit...:)


the fiancé crib.....click here for more photos of the crib

I did look at my watch...to see how long does it takes to jump start the ceremony..it started with 'jual bali pantun'...hiya! so many pantun..it takes more than 10mins for the jual bali pantun...then baru tah go for the killed...hehehe ie. the purpose of the visits etc..etc..etc..and ended with pantun again...I tried to jot down the pantun that had been said but unfortunately my fingers are not fast enough...to jot it down...

After the ceremony...guests were served with light refreshment...

my mum..welcoming additional member to our family...with a kiss.....

....so lovely.....

No comments: